Let's talk about Candy Town!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about Candy Town!

Sooooo, what do you Peanuts fans think so far?? I downloaded it yesterday and played for a bit...i find it a little difficult to play on an iphone because some of the things are a tad small and difficult to read and see. Plus i'm still a bit conused as to HOW to play...sometimes i feel like i'm just loading supplies and tapping on stuff but i'm not exactly sure WHY i'm doing it hahahaha! Going to keep playing though and see if i get addicted like i am to the Street Fair.

Shoe, I posted a reply to you on the SSF board too. Like you I don't quite get the game. Not sure what I'm accomplishing! I will continue to play and see if it grows on me. SSF is still my favorite!

Comment

Hi Shoe & Snoopyfan. In the game's opening cut scene, you learn that Snoopy's Father has left him a Candy Factory. So, he promotes Woodstock to Store foreman and the two set out to fix up and grow the factory. The goal is to purchase machines, fetch supplies, make candy, and then fill orders. At the same time, Charlie Brown is running for class office at his School. In order to help him, you fill his orders so he can sell some Candy to make that happen. You'll also do town quests that allow you to get the Peanuts gang all back together and have them help Charlie Brown to reach his goal.

As you do town quests, the town will get bigger. You can purchase decorations from the store menu to decorate and rearrange your town to make it unique.

Comment

• shoeluver67
        shoeluver67 commented
        Editing a comment
        oooooo cool little twist with Charlie Brown running for Class President!!! Thanks Bee!!

I haven't had much time to devote to Candy Town today, but how are you all exiting out of the game? I looked all over and I can't see how to exit so my game is saved. I know it must be really easy....

Comment

• shoeluver67
        shoeluver67 commented
        Editing a comment
        i just closed the app with the "home" button. i didn't get very far, so i don't know if i lost anything yet or not.

There is no way to exit back to the main menu from inside the game. You'll just have to close and exit the app through the home button on your iOS device. The game is saved and backed up both locally on the device, and through Beeline's servers (when you are connected to an internet source.)

Comment

• Th3 Winn3r
        Th3 Winn3r commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Spelling Bee! I just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly!

Is there ever a time when there isn't a line of kids waiting for candy? I feel like I'm spending all my time making candy and very little time exploring the neighborhood and decorating. Its probably just a mental switch that I need to make. "Sorry kids, the benefactor is going exploring!"

Comment

• EliEze67
        EliEze67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Sir! I feel the same way, at least right now! This is the "stress" part of the game for me. Seeing that I have all these orders to fill and seeming to constantly send out the birds on a grocery run. It brings back unpleasant memories of working as a pharmacy tech, filling orders at Walgreens. Aaahh!!!

But on a good note, I think I'm getting the hang of it and its starting to grow on me. I love the look of the game and I can't wait to start decorating either! Its super cute

• Tookiejuju
        Tookiejuju commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Sir...the farther you get in the game, the wait time for the machines gets longer and you have more time to explore. I'm on level 13 so far.

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        I am glad to hear that I am not the only one getting stressed out by the long line of kids

The line is always there.

When you complete one order a new kid shows up. Once you get to a higher level you'll find plenty of time to explore...the candy starts taking a while to make. At the moment I only have 1 kid's order to fulfil because the rest are asking for things from the new machine that I don't have the gold to buy yet lol.

I love the game so far, am at level 22.

My one complaint is there needs to be better management of the upgrade components. Over 75% of my stock room is filled with upgrade components that are essentially useless. For example, to upgrade my pantry I have 20 (need 10) of one component, 14 of another, and 0 of the last component needed. Once I get enough of the last component I need...I will have gained double the other components. The same goes for my stock room and bank room upgrades.

My stock rooms is always ridiculously full. At the moment I have ~130 items in stock and only ~25 are actually candy/ingredients. That is over 100 upgrade components...And I can't actually upgrade anything!! It's ridiculous. And when I do get the last piece needed to upgrade (or spend bucks if I am desperate) and finally free up some space to fulfill orders...it quickly gets stocked up in upgrades again. It doesn't matter how many times I upgrade my stock room I never seem to have enough free space.

Also, of the ~25 actual items in my stock room, half is butter/cream/white sugar/golden syrup which are ingredients needed for certain candy. It makes it so hard to complete orders when you only have stock space to make a couple of candy at the one time.

I'm hoping they will update to address this issue.
      Last edited by Snoopy; 12-20-2013, 09:08 AM. Reason: Learning how to add paragraph breaks :p

Comment

• shoeluver67
        shoeluver67 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm with you guys...my stock room is full of "parts". I have been playing a lot over the past two days, and am finding myself becoming a bit addicted, but i'm with Sir, i'm at Level 11 too and am busy making candy...plus i'm at the point where i need the sugar mill and don't have enough coins to buy it yet, so i have a lot of kids standing around (i love the one that has his arms crossed and taps his feet). i also cant spend any of my coins on decorations because i need the mill. when my stockroom is getting too full, i have sacrificed snoopy dollars to upgrade (which i really don't want to do). Has anyone else had an issue with the game freezing up on you? it has happened to me a couple of times, and the only way to fix it is to shut my phone off and let the game reboot.

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there any way to sell multiple items from the stock room at once or to sell items one right after the other? It seems that the store room has to be full before you can sell off anything to the market...it is kind of annoying having to sell one item, then stock one item, then sell one item....It would be nice to be able to clear a couple spots at once when the store room is full and you have finished products waiting to moved in there to complete a sale to a kid.

• Biddymcfinnis (Maureen)
        Editing a comment
        I can't see what is in my stock room as every time I tap on it the game crashes!

My candy town people want toffee candy and I cannot find toffee also cannot sell what I have made that now no one wants cause they want what I cannot make blueberry yogurt and toffee candy stuck until I can make what they want but I cannot make

Comment

I just discovered today that you don't have to accept all the orders. I started throwing away some orders because they wanted a lot of items but weren't paying enough for it. I fulfill the more profitable orders first. However, this also caused orders to come up with items I couldn't make yet. So dismiss the cheap orders at your own risk! LoL. Those kids in line are a real stressor aren't they. I worry they'll walk away if I don't hurry up with their orders. Then finally, how do you separate the paragraphs on this forum.

Comment

• Snoopy
          Snoopy commented
          Editing a comment
          @Midge - you're right!! After I read your comment I went and took a screenshot earlier today. I looked in the game now and those kids are definitely paying less.

• EliEze67
          EliEze67 commented
          Editing a comment
          Its true. I logged out of my game for a few minutes, and then logged back in, and my highest paying customer's price went down. I guess there is a penalty of some sort if you dont fulfill the orders right away. Rats!

• shoeluver67
          shoeluver67 commented
          Editing a comment
          i noticed that today too. i had an order pending for Charlie Brown, and it was for 220...then when i woke up this morning to fill it (it needed yogurt), it was down to 87!

So if I delete orders that want stuff I cannot make are they replaced with ones I can?

Comment

• MrsC10
          MrsC10 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not always but eventually you will get orders that you can fill. That's my experience anyway.

HI Gmajanie. You'll be able to make Toffee with the Candy Popper Machine once you get to be a higher level.

Comment

Quick question: is there any benefit to decorating the town? Does it give you a return besides looking at a beautiful place?

Comment

Hi Tookie. Right now I believe it's purely cosmetic in nature and just a way for you to make the town your own. Since the game is brand new though, there is no telling what Beeline has in store.

Comment

Has anyone opened a mystery box? I have opened some that are free to pay, but wondered if anyone has payed to open one and what they have found inside.

Comment

• AuntVal
                AuntVal commented
                Editing a comment
                Dying to know how costly us the new game, relative to the Fair?

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
                Sir WaitNPumpkin commented
                Editing a comment
                Aunt Val - so far I haven't spent any real money and I'm on level 24. I'm enjoying the game a lot and have decided to be patient while my coins and SD build up.

• SnoopyLove013
                SnoopyLove013 commented
                Editing a comment
                I am at level 30 already, wish I would have taken the mystery box chance sooner but did that enough to get Sally (although haven't seen a real benefit yet) and then lost all my SD on components except never got the one that would have freed up my upgrade overstock.

I opened one and got a screw. *yawn* I WILL say though...i am liking the game and finding it to be quite addictive. once you get the sugar mill it's GAME ON and you can really start rolling!!

Comment

• the cat next door
                the cat next door commented
                Editing a comment
                I spent 3 beagle bucks and got a screw today too. Doesn't seem to be worth 3 bucks! : 0

• Ah Piggy
                Ah Piggy commented
                Editing a comment
                Not a fair market...a screw with Snoopy label...not cheap...😂
            Working...
            X