Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your Monthly Photos of your Snoopy's Street Fair!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your Monthly Photos of your Snoopy's Street Fair!

Welcome to the monthly photo share thread for Snoopy's Street Fair.

Each month we will have a new theme. For the month of January 2015 the theme is "WINTER".

This month we are decorating the square across the street from Charlie Brown's house. From the 1st til the 15th, we work on our ideas and redecorating and capturing photos to upload, not to mention stories, poems, songs, captions, explanations to go with the photos (but you really don't have to record anything with the photo if you don't want to).

From the 16th through the last day of the month, we upload the photo with text here into the Forum in this thread......to share with others.

Please keep your posting in this thread related to the pictures. All other posting should go into the regular "chit chat" thread.

If you need help capturing a photo or uploading a photo, ask for assistance either here or in the "chit chat" thread. We do have those that will help, either teaching you how to do it, or capturing and uploading the picture for you. In order to capture and upload for you, you must be "Friends" through SSF with the person helping you ... otherwise they cannot get into your Fair to capture the picture.

Have Fun! This is our own way of enjoying SSF more since the updates, new items, and sales items have become very limited to the players. We have a wonderful game here, and do not want to lose it.........so we will just use our imaginations and fill in the gaps!

Once it is 1/16/2015 where you live, you may start posting................LET THE GAME BEGIN!

I'll start us off with something that every fair needs in winter.....

Comment

• EliEze67
      EliEze67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! How ingenious and so creative! And YES! How we longed for a white SSF Christmas this year, and a White New Year, and a white January 2nd, 3rd.....16th, 17th........

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
      2Poodles (Ricoroo) commented
      Editing a comment
      Very clever use of those pesky bubble machines!

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I know I'm late but that is really cute!

Comment

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      You guys are going to have to talk to the "Adopt a Pet" representative under the dome. I'm only a little girl standing in the street looking at all the wonderful animals, and wanting that little baby lamb to take home with me.

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
      Editing a comment
      A wonderful wintry pet store. Please save the piglet for me!

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Ginger, that is fantastic! Please adopt a pet 🐾

Posted by Ginger for Janie.........

Comment

• AuntVal
      AuntVal commented
      Editing a comment
      Janie, I need $ for a cruise to escape the winter cold in MI. Can you spare some from your ATMs to help a friend Indeed?

• EliEze67
      EliEze67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotta say, January is a great "shopping month" for me this year! I've been shopping in your fair for quite some time thanks to the convenience of your ATM's. And very generous mailman 😉

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
      Editing a comment
      I agree that the white pool looks like an ice skating rink. Outdoor ice skating areas are big in Chicago.

Ginger, I'm ready for you to take the pic of my area. "checker practice all the year long..."

Comment

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
      Sir WaitNPumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I can post it tonight when I'm home from work, but I'm going to take a peek in aunt Val's fair now.

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
      Sir WaitNPumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Aunt Val - Thanks for you patience. Your picture is posted below -

Thanks - Your picture buddy.

• AuntVal
      AuntVal commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Picture Buddy. 👋. Thanks!

Cute Cute enjoying the pictures...

Comment

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's fun to see how many different things people have created. Thanks for putting some spark back in the game, Ginger & everyone who's participating.

Here is mine, I know it is tiny- Ginger is there any way you could snap a full size and put it up, pretty please? Thank you so much, I actually had a lot of fun with this.

Comment

Hope this is what you wanted Marie. I see lots of Winter Sports and hot foods. Good Idea! So glad you had fun doing this.

Notice that I have put this enlarged picture in a separate post, because if I would add it as a 2nd post (comment) to your post, it would move up
      as people came into the Forum to say anything about your picture, and then roll up into the comments and be lost after a few posts.

Comment

• AuntVal
        AuntVal commented
        Editing a comment
        Ready for the Red Wings game, I see! 😉

• EliEze67
        EliEze67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great pic, Maemae!

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
        Editing a comment
        Another clever idea that makes good use of what we have available!

A typical frosty winter morning in NYC. Amongst the skyscrapers we see chestnuts roasting on an open stall fire, street entertainers, and vendors with their wares waiting for passersby. Iconic Carriages at Central Park give tourists rides while a local university tests its new robotics program on the city streets. Brave birds defy the temperatures and show off their BMX skills. Rare Angora Bunnies and Tropical Birds of Paradise are allowed out for their annual City Stroll. Commuters were especially generous with donations this morning, tossing huge gold coins into the air for anyone to catch.
      Of most importance is the Meet and Greet Tour Stop of the beautiful Princess Kate, who cast her Any Girl Can Be a Princess spell over visitors and natives alike.
      Attached Files

Comment

• AuntVal
        AuntVal commented
        Editing a comment
        Such a great description of NY and the princess....

• EliEze67
        EliEze67 commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your concept, Cat! The skyscrapers and chestnut stall. So creative and a perfect representation of NYC!

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
        Editing a comment
        I've never been to lNYC in the winter. Your scene makes me want to go!

My picture for Winter was inspired by the frigid weather we've been enjoying in Chicagoland lately - plenty of ice & bone-chilling blasts of wind, snow that comes & doesn't leave, and frozen treats for all.

Comment

• EliEze67
        EliEze67 commented
        Editing a comment
        LOVE IT! 😄 Are all the snowflakes from the LWT's?! I so wistfully COVET these trees! Such a great shot! Good job!

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
        Editing a comment
        Yes, the snowflakes all came from the 2 LWTs. It took some fast tapping to get it all together, but I do admit to having used Photoshop to clear out the distracting stuff from the lower corners of the picture.

• LittlePumpkin
        LittlePumpkin commented
        Editing a comment
        Ooohhhh a night shot! That's so pretty.

My Snowy Village!

Comment

• AuntVal
        AuntVal commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm inside the house near Snoopy drinking hot chocolate by the fire.

• EliEze67
        EliEze67 commented
        Editing a comment
        I pretended I was the big, friendly Giant when I visited your village. 😄. oh and I was about to eat one the candy trees, but thankfully one of the visitors stopped me before I could eat it and feel super guilty about it afterward....

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
        Editing a comment
        I think you win the prize for getting the most stuff in your square. Very nice!

Love the different ideas

Comment

• Snoopy fan03
        Snoopy fan03 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto, such creative people!

Posting Aunt Val's picture for her. It's Checker Practice all the year long!

Comment

• Pam Tredway
        Pam Tredway commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your picture Aunt Val! I glad you have Cotton Candy while we play checkers!

• EliEze67
        EliEze67 commented
        Editing a comment
        How pretty! I can come here to practice for this year's Checkers Tourney!

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
        Editing a comment
        There should be some stiff competition for the checker tournament this year!

Thanks for posting Sir Pump, and Ginger, glad you like. 🎶

Comment

What a creative group! Thanks Ginger for Organizing. It doesn't feel like winter here in CA (neither are the kids in the fair dressed for winter) but I am inspired by the roasted chestnuts and hot potatoes in the poem. From "Venice in Winter for Gitta in Berlin" by Peter Russell
        You wouldn't think the citizens would dare
        To venture out upon the streets below
        With all this frosty dampness in the air;
        But when night falls you'll see the scarlet glow
        Of braziers roasting chestnuts near the Square,
        And sweet potatoes in Sant'Angelo.

Comment

• EliEze67
          EliEze67 commented
          Editing a comment
          So simple, yet with the poem, everything fits perfectl! Lovely!

• Pam Tredway
          Pam Tredway commented
          Editing a comment
          Great picture and Poem NuNu707!

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
          Editing a comment
          Love how the poem & picture are coordinated. And covet those toy soldier/nutcracker guys, which I've never been able to get.
      Working...
      X