Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share your Monthly Photos of your Snoopy's Street Fair!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your Monthly Photos of your Snoopy's Street Fair!

Welcome to the monthly photo share thread for Snoopy's Street Fair.

Each month we will have a new theme. For the month of January 2015 the theme is "WINTER".

This month we are decorating the square across the street from Charlie Brown's house. From the 1st til the 15th, we work on our ideas and redecorating and capturing photos to upload, not to mention stories, poems, songs, captions, explanations to go with the photos (but you really don't have to record anything with the photo if you don't want to).

From the 16th through the last day of the month, we upload the photo with text here into the Forum in this thread......to share with others.

Please keep your posting in this thread related to the pictures. All other posting should go into the regular "chit chat" thread.

If you need help capturing a photo or uploading a photo, ask for assistance either here or in the "chit chat" thread. We do have those that will help, either teaching you how to do it, or capturing and uploading the picture for you. In order to capture and upload for you, you must be "Friends" through SSF with the person helping you ... otherwise they cannot get into your Fair to capture the picture.

Have Fun! This is our own way of enjoying SSF more since the updates, new items, and sales items have become very limited to the players. We have a wonderful game here, and do not want to lose it.........so we will just use our imaginations and fill in the gaps!

Once it is 1/16/2015 where you live, you may start posting................LET THE GAME BEGIN!

• the cat next door
    replied
    Well thanks for letting me know Spelling Bee! Can you let me know if it's enabled again? Since I don't do third party sites, I guess my picture posting days are disabled too. 😿

Leave a comment:

• Spelling Bee
    commented on 's reply
    The ability to create attachments has been temporarily disabled. If you want to share an image, you'll need to host it on a third party website and then post the image that way.

• the cat next door
    replied
    Yikes! I tried to post a picture and I keep getting this message "You are not authorized to create or remove attachments." I can't put the pic in!!

Leave a comment:

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
    commented on 's reply
    The king and queen look like a great couple. That is certainly an excellent setting for a hoco dance.

• the cat next door
    commented on 's reply
    Great decorating for the big dance Ginger! I love the arches in orange. So autumn-y! 🍂

• Ginger
    replied

It's Homecoming ......... It's Fall and the leaves are changing, and the Homecoming King and Queen are ready to dance the night away.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    commented on 's reply
    My pleasure, Snoopy Fan ........ between myself and the others, we can probably answer almost any question. And, what we can't answer, we can always go to Spelling Bee. And if she can't answer it, she can find out for us.

• SnoopyFan
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, Ginger! That is awesome information. Thanks for always being so nice to explain things.

• Ginger
    commented on 's reply
    This forum only allows us to upload small pictures. The 200X200 limit which is the size of one of our avatars. It was mentioned that later on the size allowance would increase, but the game played out and we never got an increase. However; SV is also on this same forum format with the same limitations, and it hasn't increased.......so I'm guessing we never would have got an increase in here for Snoopy either.

Anyway, to get a larger picture in here, most of us use a host site. I personally upload my pics from my iPhone or my iPad to my email address and then work with it off of my computer, which is easier for me. That way I can edit it any way I want to, especially resizing it, before sending it to my host site of choice. The software I use to edit is Photofiltre. It's free off the Internet and one of our posters (I always forget which one so I can give her credit.......poor senior brain thing) told us about it. She said the school teachers use it.

Anyway, once I have something named the way I want it, and in a format that I can deal with which is .jpg, and the size I want it............and maybe any additional augmentations I might want to make like adding Text or color or an outside pic or clip art ...... I upload it to my host site of choice which is Photobucket.com. It's also free. Then I link the picture from Photobucket to this forum.

When you look at a picture here that I have put in you are actually looking at the picture in my Photobucket account because I have linked it. After many, many months I start deleting pics at the Photobucket account so I don't get overloaded there.........so if you are looking at pics from a couple of years ago, you might see (in my case) that there is a message there and not a pic.

Some posters use imgur and some use Photobucket off an app. And there are probably other host sites out there. I just find Photobucket.com off my computer the easiest because that's what I was already use to before getting into this game. Good Luck!

• SnoopyFan
    replied
    Okay, all you experienced posters--how do you get the photos to look larger in your posts?

Leave a comment:

• SnoopyFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SnoopyFan
    replied
    Sorry, that photo came out rather small.... Let me re-upload it.

Leave a comment:

• SnoopyFan
    replied
    Hey, folks! Okay, so I always wondered why Lucy is so mean that she never lets Charlie Brown kick the football, but instead pulls it away so he falls.

Well, I used my Candy Town to explain: See, Lucy is jealous of Charlie Brown. Really! Charlie Brown represents everything she wishes she had: a normal family with the house with the nice white picket fence. It doesn't help that Lucy's other neighbors are neat freaks with a beautiful garden. Alas, poor Lucy (and Linus) have crazy junkyard parents who don't care what image they project to the neighborhood. Lucy retaliates by being mean to others, and Linus clings to his security blanket...

(Sigh, I wish they were still updating Candy Town. I loved all the decorating possibilities it gave you. And unlike the Fair, it had other houses on the block...)

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    commented on 's reply
    It's a shame that we can't see each other's Fairs in night mode. If so, I could have taken your picture in night mode and the spooky trees would have shown up.
Working...
X